By Jacqueline Stodnick,Renée Trilling
- Explores the interaction among serious concept and Anglo-Saxon studies
- Theoretical framework will attract professional students in addition to these new to the field
- Includes an afterword at the worth of the discussion among Anglo-Saxon stories and demanding theory
Read or Download A Handbook of Anglo-Saxon Studies (Critical Theory Handbooks) PDF
Similar literary medieval criticism books
Figuring the female examines the feminine physique as a way of articulating questions of literary authority and perform in the cultural spheres of the Iberian Peninsula (both Romance and Semitic) in addition to within the better Latinate literary tradition. It demonstrates the centrality in medieval literary tradition of the gendering of rhetorical and hermeneutical acts concerned with the construction of texts and which means, and the significance of the medieval Iberian textual culture during this strategy, a posh multicultural culture that's usually neglected in medieval literary scholarship.
A significant other to Sophocles provides the 1st entire selection of essays in a long time to deal with all facets of the lifestyles, works, and important reception of Sophocles. First choice of its variety to supply introductory essays to the fragments of his misplaced performs and to the rest fragments of 1 satyr-play, the Ichneutae, as well as every one of his extant tragedies good points new essays on Sophoclean drama that pass way past the present country of scholarship on Sophocles offers readings that historicize Sophocles when it comes to the social, cultural, and highbrow global of 5th century Athens Seeks to put later interpretations and variations of Sophocles of their ancient context contains essays devoted to problems with gender and sexuality; major moments within the heritage of reading Sophocles; and reception of Sophocles via either old and glossy playwrights
Contemplating a big selection of assets, this e-book unearths the tenacity with which Alfonso II (1162-1196) and his son Peter II (1196-1213) of the Crown of Aragon solid a tighter Mediterranean nearby community and augmented their neighborhood success.
Starting in outer area and finishing up one of the atoms, "Bucolic Ecology" illustrates how those poems time and again flip to the wildlife for you to outline themselves and their position within the literary culture. It argues that the 'Eclogues' locate there either a series of analogies for his or her personal poetic methods and a map upon which might be positioned different landmarks in Greco-Roman literature.
- Reading the Allegorical Intertext: Chaucer, Spenser, Shakespeare, Milton
- Lignes et lignages dans la littérature arthurienne (Interférences) (French Edition)
- Summus Mathematicus et Omnis Humanitatis Pater: The Vitae of Vittorino da Feltre and the Spirit of Humanism: 33 (Archimedes)
- The Cambridge Companion to Medieval English Literature 1100–1500 (Cambridge Companions to Literature)
Additional resources for A Handbook of Anglo-Saxon Studies (Critical Theory Handbooks)
A Handbook of Anglo-Saxon Studies (Critical Theory Handbooks) by Jacqueline Stodnick,Renée Trilling