By Carroll Pursell
- 22 unique essays through professional students disguise crucial positive aspects of yankee know-how, together with advancements in vehicles, tv, and computing
- Analyzes the ways that applied sciences are equipped, resembling within the engineering occupation, govt, drugs and agriculture
- Includes discussions of ways applied sciences engage with race, gender, category, and different organizing buildings in American society
Read or Download A Companion to American Technology (Wiley Blackwell Companions to American History) PDF
Similar history of technology & engineering books
“El libro toca numerosas materias de interés common en sus más de 500 páginas, por donde nos conducen magistralmente tanto Koldo como Félix, siguiendo los angeles línea basic de esta editorial que suele publicar obras tanto históricas, de actualidad o relacionados con enigmas o misterios del pasado, cargados con una alta dosis de sugestiva temática.
From the 16th throughout the mid-nineteenth centuries, Spain, then Mexico, and at last the us took possession of the land from the Gulf Coast of Texas and Mexico to the Pacific Coast of Alta and Baja California—today's American Southwest. every one state confronted the problem of retaining directly to territory that was once poorly identified and moderately settled, and every spoke back by means of sending out army mapping expeditions to set obstacles and chart topographical gains.
The little-known tale of the architectural undertaking that lay on the center of Tom Paine’s political blueprint for the U.S.. In a letter to his spouse Abigail, John Adams judged the writer of logic as having “a larger hand at flattening than development. ” Adams’s dismissive comment has assisted in shaping the existing view of Tom Paine ever considering the fact that.
Writing within the electronic age has been as messy because the inky rags in Gutenberg’s store or the molten lead of a Linotype desktop. Matthew Kirschenbaum examines how inventive authorship got here to coexist with the pc revolution. Who have been the early adopters, and what made others apprehensive? was once be aware processing only a higher typewriter, or whatever extra?
- Mission Control: Inventing the Groundwork of Spaceflight
- The Box: How the Shipping Container Made the World Smaller and the World Economy Bigger, Second Edition with a new chapter by the author
- Science and the American Century: Readings from "Isis"
- Electric City: General Electric in Schenectady (Kenneth E. Montague Series in Oil and Business History)
- Instrumental Community: Probe Microscopy and the Path to Nanotechnology (Inside Technology)
Additional info for A Companion to American Technology (Wiley Blackwell Companions to American History)
A Companion to American Technology (Wiley Blackwell Companions to American History) by Carroll Pursell